Publix now allows shoppers to make better choices for their dietary needs through their use of wellness icons located on shelf tags throughout the stores. What does this mean for busy shoppers like you? Instead of spending hours pouring over online information about healthier snack options for the entire family, you can take a peek at the shelf tag, which will indicate which products are gluten-free, organic, and made without artificial preservatives or flavors.
Here are the five easy-to-spot wellness icons so you can shop smarter for your family:
- "Leaf" icon. This icon indicates a product made with all-natural ingredients and no artificial colors or flavors.
- "USDA organic" icon. Items with this icon indicate USDA certified organic products or that the particular products are at least 95% organic.
- "70% organic" icon. The teal and white icons designate foods that may be less organic but still are healthier options, further widening your food choices.
- "Gluten-free" icon. It's tough to search through every ingredient to ensure it fits your dietary needs. The purple icon will identify which products have been declared gluten-free by the manufacturer and FDA regulations.
- "Better choice" icon – Let's say you do not have a dietary restriction, but you just want to be more mindful of your food choices. The green Better Choice Icon helps identify which items have lower saturated fats and more essential nutrients.
For more information about the Publix wellness icons as well as a list of available products found under each visit http://www.publix.com/WellnessIcons.