BOCA RATON, Fla. (CBS12) — The cafeteria at West Boca High School was evacuated Friday afternoon due to a gas leak, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue said.
Firefighters first heard reports of the gas leak at 1:28 p.m.
First arriving crews found the leak stemming from an underground propane tank in front of the school, according to fire officials. The cafeteria, which is the building closest to the tank, was evacuated as a precaution.
Firefighters, along with the utility company, were able to stop the leak and the students were never at any risk.