MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

7 people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Miami

Miami carbon monoxide 2.JPG

An effort to cook tamales in a deep fryer in an apartment complex in Miami ended with seven people being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters took a call from someone feeling ill around 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving.

The hazmat unit responded to the apartment complex on SW 80th Street in southwest Miami-Dade.

Crews found a turkey fryer hooked up to a propane tank inside the apartment complex.

Firefighters evacuated the third, fourth and fifth floors of the complex after finding high readings of carbon monoxide inside the hallway. The floors have since been ventilated.

Emergency workers treated seven people. Four went to the hospital. Residents started feeling better once they got outside.

A spokesman for Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue said a family was cooking tamales overnight in preparation for Thanksgiving.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending