MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

UPDATE: 2 girls sickened by liquid marijuana at Boynton Beach High School

Two girls hospitalized after overdosing at Boynton Beach High School. (WPEC)

Two girls went to the hospital after eating drugs at Boynton Beach High School, Fire Rescue and school district leaders said.

The district told CBS12 the girls ate a chocolate bar that had been injected with liquid marijuana. The girls got sick and went to the hospital for treatment.

Their conditions and ages are unknown.

The last day of school is Friday.

Here's the message from the principal to parents:

Good afternoon, Boynton Beach High School parents. This is Principal Sims calling with an important message.

Earlier today, two of our students ate a chocolate bar that had been injected with liquid marijuana. As a result, both of the students became ill and were transported for medical attention.

Parents, please take a moment and speak with your child about the dangers associated with drug and alcohol use. We want our Tiger family to have a safe, restful and relaxing summer, and it is my hope that students will make good decisions even while they're away from campus.

Please do not hesitate to contact our school with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Boynton Beach Community High School.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending