Mobile homes are particularly vulnerable to hurricane force winds, so you will need to evacuate before the storm.
Here's what you need to do before you leave:
• Pack breakables in boxes and put them on the floor.
• Remove mirrors and tape them. Wrap mirrors and lamps in blankets and place them in the bathtub or shower.
• Install hurricane shutters or ply-wood on all windows.
• Shut off utilities and disconnect electricity, sewer and water lines. Shut off propane tanks and leave them outside after anchoring them securely.
• Store awnings, folding furniture, trashcans and other loose outdoor objects.
Back to the Hurricane Guide Main Page