What's Lincoln Thinkin' - Honda Classic Day 1 Preview
Every day of the Honda Classic I will release Power Rankings - explaining who has the best chance to be leading at the end of the day and why.
Here's the first round Top 10 -
1. Sergio Garcia - All ready a winner this year at Abu Dhabi, Garcia is still angry after last year's one stroke loss to Adam Scott.
2. Justin Thomas - Tough to imagine a player hotter than Justin Thomas - the Jupiter resident is the "it" guy in the sport with three wins all ready this season.
3. Adam Scott - The reigning champion has only played one tournament this season. But he said Wednesday he played some of his best golf ever at PGA National last year, so there has to be some good vibes getting back.
4. Rickie Fowler - No one could hang with Rickie through two rounds last year. A dismal Saturday left him looking up at Garcia and Scott. He can put it together this week to get his first win in 18 months.
5. Daniel Berger - Almost won the Honda two years ago, and has a top 10 at Phoenix this season. As long as his shoulder is ok, the Dwyer High grad should be a contender.
6. Russell Knox - The Scot has finished in the top 3 the last two years at the Honda Classic. He's an up-and-comer.
7. Brendan Steele - Has made the cut six times at PGA National, and has five top 20s in 8 starts this season.
8. Louis Oosthuizen - Another local guy, living at Old Palm. Hasn't had a lot of success at PGA National, but has had a good season so far.
9. Gary Woodland - Big hitter, has never missed a cut at PGA National.
10. Jimmy Walker - Fell off a cliff on Saturday last year after it looked like he would contend with Rickie for the title. The reigning PGA Champ finished 11th last week.