What's Lincoln Thinkin' - Honda Classic Round 2 Preview
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (CBS12) —
Here are the power rankings following the first round of the Honda Classic. The number next to the player's name is their current score. The number in parentheses is the player's change since the previous rankings.
1. Rickie Fowler -4 (+4) - Fowler sits two strokes back of the leaders - not as high as he was after the first round last year, but in a great spot to make a move.
2. Martin Kaymer -5 (Unranked) - The former Masters winner showed strong play, and is the most impressive player in the top 4.
3. Sergio Garcia -2 (-2) - Got it to -5 at one point, only to lose three strokes on his back nine. Garcia is still very much in the think of things.
4. Adam Scott -2 (-2) - Scott felt under the weather during his round, couldn't see it as he shot a 68.
5. Ian Poulter -2 (Unranked) - Poulter's world ranking has fallen into the 200s - but he's played very well at PGA National in the past and is set up nicely after 18 holes
6. Anirban Lahiri -5 (Unranked) - Not a household name in the States, but he is one of the best players in the world.
7. Rafa Cabrera-Bello -2 (Unranked) - Read above description of Lahiri.
8. Ryan Palmer -4 (Unranked) - Palmer played in the playoff three years ago, eventually losing to Russell Henley. Maybe this is the year he wins?
9. Wesley Bryan -6 (Unranked) - Has played strong golf at the end of last year, and finished in fourth last week at the Genesis Open.
10. Justin Thomas (-9) - He's the hottest player on the planet. He could shoot a 59 Friday and get right back into this thing.
Fell out of rankings: Daniel Berger, Russell Knox, Brendan Steele, Louis Oosthuizen, Gary Woodland, Jimmy Walker.