MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Jason Day wants to win the Masters for his mother

web Day.jpg

Golf Guru Jim Flick has said "Golf is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is mental too." Third ranked player in the world Jason Day has had a lot weighing on his mind over the past month, but he's at the Masters this week wanting to win. But even more so wanting to share this week with his mother.

Day walked off the course two weeks ago at the WGC Match Play event, explaining to the world he was leaving to be with his mother, who was having surgery to remove cancer from her lung. After successful surgey Day got the great news that his mom won't need chemotherapy, which also cleared him to go for his first green jacket.

"It would be great to do it here this week," said Day at Augusta National. But there's something he wants even more. "It would be great to have my mom here. She's never been here."

Day is waiting to hear if his mom will be cleared to fly. Day lost his father to cancer, so these experiences have taught him to cherish every moment on and off the golf course.

"I've lost my dad, I might have no one left.," said Day. "(You've) got to love your family while you can."

Trending