Last Update on December 22, 2014 11:33 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys are going to the playoffs for the first time since 2009.
Tony Romo threw four of the Cowboys' five touchdown passes in a 42-7 laugher against Indianapolis. Romo was almost perfect, completing 18 of his 20 passes for 218 yards and no interceptions before sitting out the fourth quarter. He broke Troy Aikman's team record for passing yards as the Cowboys clinched the NFC East while ending Philadelphia's playoff hopes.
DeMarco Murray played just six days after undergoing surgery on his broken left hand. Murray had a one-yard scoring run to make it 28-0 midway through the second quarter, but he had just 58 yards on 22 carries.
The Cowboys improved to 11-4 and stayed in contention for home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs.
The Cowboys weren't the only team to clinch playoff berths in week 16 of the NFL schedule.
Aaron Rodgers threw for 318 yards and a touchdown to lead Green Bay to a 20-3 win over Tampa Bay that clinched a wild-card playoff spot for the Packers. The victory sets up a match-up between Green Bay and Detroit in the season finale next week with the winner capturing the NFC North title.
Rodgers found Jordy Nelson nine times for 113 yards and a score to help the Packers improve to 11-4.
Pittsburgh makes it back to the post-season for the first time in three years with a 20-12 win over Kansas City. Ben Roethlisberger (RAWTH'-lihs-bur-gur) threw for 220 yards and a touchdown for the Steelers, who will face Cincinnati next week for the AFC North title.
In other NFL finals:
-- Seattle tops the NFC West at 11-4 after Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch led the Seahawks' offense in a 35-6 pounding of Arizona. Wilson threw for 339 yards and two touchdowns and also ran for 88 yards and another score. Lynch rushed for 110 yards and two touchdowns, including a 79-yard scoring burst in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, the Seahawks' defense limited the Cardinals to 216 yards and no touchdowns while holding Ryan Lindley to just 18 completions in 44 attempts.
-- Joique (JOYK) Bell scored the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter as the Lions edged Chicago 20-14 to stay atop the NFC North heading into their showdown with Green Bay. Calvin Johnson helped Detroit with six catches for 103 yards, while Matthrew Stafford threw for 243 yards. Stafford topped the 4,000-yard passing mark for the fourth straight year.
--Cam Newton returned from a game off after suffering two fractures in his back to lead Carolina to a 17-13 win over Cleveland. Newton threw for a touchdown and ran for another a week after being injured in a car accident. The victory improves the Panthers record to 6-8-1 and puts them in sole possession of first place in the NFC South. They'll play Atlanta with the division title on the line next weekend.
-- Julio (HOO'-lee-oh) Jones made seven catches for 107 yards in Atlanta's 30-14 win over New Orleans. Matt Ryan completed 30 of 40 passed for 322 yards and a touchdown for the 6-9 Falcons who eliminated the Saints from playoff contention.
-- Houston kept its fading playoff hopes alive with a 25-13 win over the Baltimore Ravens, whose playoff hopes took a hit. Running back Arian Foster threw a touchdown pass and Randy Bullock made a franchise-record six field goals for the 8-7 Texans. Joe Flacco was a dismal 21-of-50 for just 195 yards and three interceptions for the Ravens, who now need help to make it to the post-season.
-- New England clinched a first-round playoff bye with a 17-16 win over the Jets. Jonas Gray's 1-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter was the difference. The 12-3 Patriots could earn home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs if Denver loses to Cincinnati Monday night.
-- Buffalo's playoff hopes died in Oakland as Derek Carr threw two touchdown passes and Sebastian Janikowski kicked four field goals to help the Raiders beat the Bills 26-24. Carr was 17 of 34 for 214 yards and no interceptions. Meanwhile, the Raiders held the Bills to just 13 yards on 13 carries. Kyle Orton threw for three touchdowns while completing 32 of 49 throws for 329 yards. Orton also had two interceptions as the Bills fell to 8-7 and stretched their playoff drought to 15 seasons.
-- Rookie Terrence Fede blocked a punt for a safety with 41 seconds to go to give Miami a wild 37-35 win over Minnesota. The teams combined for 41 points in the fourth quarter, 15 coming from the Vikings during an 11-second span.
-- Odell Beckham Jr. had eight receptions for 148 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard scoring grab as the New York Giants outscored the Rams 37-27 in St. Louis. He set a franchise rookie record with his 10th and 11th TD catches, shattered another rookie mark for receptions and topped 1,000 yards while shrugging off a pair of late hits in the second quarter. The second led to a brawl and three ejections, none of them to starters. The Giants had a season-best 514 total yards and moved to 6-9 with their third straight win. The Rams fell to 6-9.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida State quarterback Jameis (JAY'-mihs) Winston was cleared of the accusations he faced at a student code of conduct hearing involving an alleged sexual assault two years ago, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.
Former Florida Supreme Court judge Major Harding wrote in a letter to Winston that the evidence was "insufficient to satisfy the burden of proof." A prosecutor made a similar decision a year ago when he decided not to criminally charge Winston, citing a lack of evidence.
This month, the hearing was to determine whether Winston violated four sections of the code of conduct -- two for sexual misconduct and two for endangerment.
The ramifications for Winston ranged from a reprimand to expulsion from school.
The woman can request an appeal within five days.
DENVER (AP) -- Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari has a torn meniscus in his right knee and is expected to undergo surgery. The team has yet to announce a timetable for his return. Gallinari is averaging 7.8 points in 18.8 minutes this season.
He was back on the court this year after missing nearly 18 months with a torn ACL in his left knee that required three surgeries.
UNDATED (AP) -- The Cleveland Cavaliers won for the 11th time in their last 14 games by clobbering one of the top teams in the NBA's Western Conference.
LeBron James delivered 25 points and 11 assists as the Cavaliers whipped Memphis 105-91. James scored 16 in the second half and was 9-for-15 from the field, helping the Cavs shoot a season-best 61 percent from the field. Dion Waiters provided 13 of his 21 points while the Cavaliers outscored the Grizzlies 28-21 in the final period.
Marc Gasol (gah-SAHL') scored 23 and added 11 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who played without forward Zach Randolph and fell to 21-6.
In other NBA action:
-- Toronto has a six-game winning streak after Lou Williams and Kyle Lowry each scored 22 points in a 118-108 victory over the New York Knicks. Greivis (GREE'-vihs) Vasquez had 21 points and Terrence Ross scored 18 as the Eastern Conference leaders improved to 22-6 while dealing the Knicks their fifth straight loss.
-- Washington's six-game winning streak was stopped by Phoenix as Eric Bledsoe and Markieff Morris each scored 17 points to lead the Suns past the Wizards 104-92. The game was tied at 50 until Goran Dragic (DRAH'-gihch) provided 12 of his 16 while the Suns outscored the Wizards 29-21 in the third period.
-- Anthony Davis scored 38 points on 16 of 22 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead New Orleans past the Thunder 101-99 at Oklahoma City. Russell Westbrook had 29 points for the Thunder, who played their second straight game without Kevin Durant because of a sprained right ankle.
-- Luol Deng (LOO'-ul dehng) scored 23 points and James Ennis scored 10 of his 16 in the fourth quarter of Miami's 100-84 triumph against Boston. The Heat won for the first time in their last six home games and stopped the Celtics' three-game winning streak.
-- Mason Plumlee scored 10 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter of Brooklyn's 110-105 win over Detroit. Joe Johnson added 16 points, including four free throws in the final 12 seconds.
-- C.J. Miles hit 10 of his 18 shots while scoring 28 points in Indiana's 100-96 verdict over Minnesota. David West added 14 points, including a huge basket with 34 seconds left after the Pacers blew a 19-point lead in the second half.
-- Sacramento ended a five-game skid and picked up its first win under interim coach Tyrone Corbin by downing the Los Angeles Lakers 108-101. DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points and 14 rebounds, Rudy Gay scored 24 points and Ben McLemore added 23 points and eight boards to the Kings' third victory in 13 games.
-- Michael Carter-Williams scored 21 points and the Philadelphia 76ers opened a seven-game road trip by rallying in the second half of a 96-88 triumph at Orlando. The 76ers trailed by 11 before closing the third quarter on a 22-7 run.
TOP-25 MEN'S BASKETBALL-SCHEDULE
UNDATED (AP) -- Just a pair of top-25 men's basketball team were in action on Sunday, a current and a former member of the ACC.
No. 6 Virginia held Harvard to one field goal in the first half of a 76-27 rout. Mike Tobey and Malcolm Brogdon each scored 15 for the 11-0 Cavaliers, who equaled their best start in 22 years with their stingiest defensive performance in a season already full of them.
Jake Layman had 21 points and 11 rebounds and No. 17 Maryland beat Oklahoma State 73-64 to improve to 11-1.Melo Trimble had 16 points and helped the Terrapins open the second half with a 15-3 run to take a 17-point lead.
- American Heritage faces familiar foe for state championship
- Wellington gets blanked in Regional Finals at Flanagan
- St. Thomas Aquinas shuts door on Royal Palm's season
- American Heritage dominates CCC to advance to Citrus Bowl
- Indian Rocks ends Glades Day's season
- Blaze Thompson steps down as Pahokee's head coach
- Royal Palm ready to tackle titan St. Thomas Aquinas Friday
- Wellington preparing for shootout in first trip to Regional Finals
- Playoffs Week 2 Game of the Week: JCS 0 Glades Day 41
- Playoffs Week 2: Clewiston 21 Cocoa Beach 26
- Playoffs Week 2: Vero Beach 28 Manatee 47
- Playoffs Week 2: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 28
- Playoffs Week 2: American Heritage 23 Westminster Christian 7
- Playoffs Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Wellington 16
- Playoffs Week 2: Glades Central 7 Booker T. Washington 35
- Playoffs Week 1 Game of the Week: Park Vista 29 Wellington 53
- Playoffs Week 1: Chaminade 21 American Heritage 58
- Playoffs Week 1: Dade Christian 0 Glades Day 28
- Playoffs Week 1: Gulliver Prep 13 Glades Central 32
- Playoffs Week 1: Ft. Lauderdale 13 Royal Palm 44
- Playoffs Week 1: Atlantic 21 Blanche Ely 13
- Playoffs Week 1: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Palm Beach Central 20
- Week 11 Game of the Week: Glades Central 23 Pahokee 14
- Week 11: Palm Beach Central 30 Palm Beach Gardens 28
- Week 11: St. Edward's 6 Jupiter Christian 48
- Week 11: Seminole Ridge 26 Royal Palm Beach 42
- Week 11: Jupiter 12 South Fork 33
- Week 11: North Broward Prep 14 Oxbridge Academy 57
- Week 11: Okeechobee 7 Clewiston 44
- Week 11: John I. Leonard 28 Wellington 49
- Week 10 Game of the Week: Wellington 23 Palm Beach Gardens 17
- Week 10: Jupiter Christian 24 Boca Raton Christian 7
- Week 10: Dwyer 22 West Boca Raton 24
- Week 10: American Heritage 48 Cardinal Newman 3
- Week 10: Port St. Lucie 13 South Fork 28
- Week 10: Vero Beach 35 Centennial 0
- Week 10: Royal Palm Beach 42 Palm Beach Lakes 7
- Week 10: Lake Worth 14 Atlantic 33
- PREVIEW: Game Of The Week-- Wellington at Palm Beach Gardens
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 41
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
Business and economic reports scheduled this week
WASHINGTON (AP) -- This is a shortened trading week with the stock and bond markets closed on Christmas Day.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
SONY HACK - ADMINISTRATION RESPONSE
HONOLULU (AP) -- Is the hacking of Sony an act of terrorism?
ASSAULT RIFLE SANTA
CHICO, Calif. (AP) -- Santa's armed -- and that has some people upset in Northern California.
IN THE NEWS: NYPD KILLER RANTED ONLINE BEFORE SHOOTING
NEW YORK (AP) -- New York City's police commissioner says the gunman who killed two police officers had made online posts that were "very anti-police."
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM -- Big Bang Theory
9 PM -- Scorpion
10 PM -- NCIS: Los Angeles