Last Update on November 22, 2014 23:49 GMT
UNDATED (AP) -- Sometimes in college football it's not whether you win or lose, but by how many. If that's the case, Urban Meyer's Ohio State Buckeyes might be in trouble making their case to be included in the sport's four-team college playoff.
Jalin Marshall returned a punt 54 yards for a touchdown to give No. 7 Ohio State the lead late in the third quarter and added three late insurance scores to lead the Buckeyes past Indiana 42-27. That's the Hoosiers' sixth loss in a row. The surprisingly close game could impact the playoff hopes of the 10-1 Buckeyes, who are ranked sixth in the College Football Playoff rankings.
Ohio State, which was a 34-point favorite, trailed 20-14 after Tevin Coleman sped 90 yards for a TD midway through the third quarter.
Elsewhere in Top 25 action:
-- Georgia scored two touchdowns on its first three snaps, including an 83-yard touchdown run by Nick Chubb, and the ninth-ranked Bulldogs rolled past Charleston Southern 55-9. Hutson Mason played only the first half and threw three touchdown passes, including two to Chris Conley.
-- Jeremy Langford and Tony Lippett celebrated senior day in style as No. 10-ranked Michigan State smashed Rutgers 45-3 for its 40th win in four seasons and 51st in five. Langford, who played cornerback and wide receiver before returning to running back, rushed for 126 yards and two touchdowns.
---- Taylor Kelly threw for four touchdowns and the No. 13 Arizona Sun Devils dominated the second half for a 52-31 victory over Washington State.
---- No. 18 Marshall improved to 11-0 and bettered their chances for a New Year's Bowl by beating UAB 23-18. Rakeem Cato threw for two touchdowns and Ra'shawde Myers recovered a fumble in the end zone for a late score.
-- Briean Boddy-Calhoun ripped the ball out of Nebraska receiver De'Mornay Pierson-El's hands at the Minnesota 2-yard line after Mitch Leidner scored the go-ahead touchdown, and the Gophers overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to upset No. 21 Nebraska 28-24.
-- Dee Hart matched a school record with six touchdowns and No. 22 Colorado State amassed a program-best 698 yards of offense as the Rams routed New Mexico 58-20. The Rams have won nine straight.
-- Oklahoma freshman Samaje Perine (suh-MAHR'-jay PEE'-ryn) set a major college record by running for 427 yards in a driving rainstorm, scoring five touchdowns and leading the No. 23 Sooners over Kansas 44-7. The rushing mark fell one week after Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon set the mark by rushing for 408 yards against Nebraska.
UNDATED (AP) -- The 0-12 Philadelphia 76ers, fresh off their 122-96 loss to Phoenix last night, try to break through to the win column as they travel to play the New York Knicks tonight at Madison Square Garden.
The Knicks say Andrea Bargnani (ahn-DRAY'-uh barn-YAH'-nee) has a strained right calf that will prevent him from making his season debut against Philadelphia. Bargnani was hurt Friday during practice and an MRI revealed the injury.
The Sixers are six away from tying the longest season-opening losing streak in NBA history.
Elsewhere in the NBA's 10-game slate, Toronto with the best record in the Eastern Conference at 10-2 travels to Cleveland to play the disappointing 5-6 Cavaliers. The Cavaliers committed 19 turnovers and shot 36 percent to finish with a season-low in points in dropping a 91-78 decision in Washington last night. The Raptors are coming off a 124-83 laugher last night against Milwaukee.
The 10-2 Dallas Mavericks travel to Houston to play the 9-3 Rockets in the battle of Texas. The Mavericks crushed the Los Angeles Lakers 140-106 in Dallas as Dirk Nowitzki (noh-VIHT'-skee) scored 23 points last night.
In other games, Phoenix travels to Indiana, Miami is at Orlando, Minnesota hosts Sacramento, the 8-3 Washington Wizards hit the road at Milwaukee, Brooklyn is at San Antonio and New Orleans is at Utah where the Jazz are coming off a 101-88 loss to Golden State last night.
T25 MEN'S BASKETBALL-SCHEDULE
UNDATED (AP) -- Kennedy Meeks had 19 points and 12 rebounds, Justin Jackson added 18 points and No. 6 North Carolina defeated Davidson 90-72 to remain unbeaten on the young season. The 3-0 tar Heels (3-0) got 13 points from Marcus Paige and 10 points and seven rebounds from J.P. Tokoto for their first road win of the season.
The Tar Heels outshot Davidson 47 percent to 33 percent.
Elsewhere in top-25 hoops:
-- Fourth-ranked Duke will take on Stanford in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic final at Brooklyn. Freshman center Jahlil Okafor (jah-LIHL' OH'-kah-fohr) had 16 points and eight rebounds to carry the Blue Devils past Temple 72-54 last night. The Cardinal defeated UNLV 89-60 in the other semifinal.
UNDATED (AP) -- The 13-game NHL schedule started north of the border where St. Louis Blues nipped the Ottawa Senators 3-2. Vladimir Tarasenko scored his 12th goal of the season. St. Louis moved one point ahead Nashville in the Central Division. The Predators host Florida tonight.
New York Islanders, who continue to show they are true contenders after missing the playoffs six of the previous seven seasons, try for a weekend home-and-home sweep of the Metropolitan Division-leading Penguins in Pittsburgh. The Islanders are two points behind the Pens following their 5-4 victory last night.
Montreal, with the most points in the league with a 15-5-1 record, hits the road to play the Boston Bruins. The Canadiens already have beaten the B's twice this season, both at Bell Centre.
In other hockey tonight, Detroit is at Toronto in an Original Six matchup, Columbus is at Philadelphia, Washington hosts Buffalo, the L.A. Kings are at Dallas, Carolina visits Colorado, Chicago is at Edmonton, New Jersey comes off its 2-0 shutout of Edmonton and travels to Calgary to play the 12-7-2 Flames and Arizona visits San Jose.
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)-- One day after arriving in Detroit, the Buffalo Bills took the practice field Saturday afternoon to prepare for a Monday night matchup with the New York Jets. Originally scheduled to play Sunday in Buffalo, the Bills were forced to relocate after a rare November storm dumped more than five feet of snow in the Buffalo area.
The 5-5 Lions are fighting for their playoff lives and cannot afford a loss to the 2-8 Jets.
UNDATED (AP)---- The New York Giants have signed linebacker Justin Anderson from their practice squad and have waived offensive tackle Charles Brown. The Giants announced the moves on Saturday, a day before their game with the Dallas Cowboys.
In other NFL news:
The tight end turnstile keeps spinning in Denver, where Julius Thomas is hurting but Virgil Green is on the mend. Both are listed as questionable for Sunday's showdown with the 6-4 Miami Dolphins. Thomas leads the league with a dozen TD catches but he was unable to practice Friday because of a sprained ankle. Green is getting over a strained right calf.
TENNIS-DAVIS CUP FINAL
LILLE, France (AP) -- Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka (vah-VRIH'-kah) defeated Richard Gasquet (ree-SHARD' gas-KAY') and Julien Benneteau (ZHOO'-lee-ehn BEHN'-eh-toh) 6-3, 7-5, 6-4 to give Switzerland a 2-1 lead over France in the Davis Cup final.
The victory is meaningful because of past Davis Cup history. In six out of the last seven Davis Cups, the team that has won the doubles has gone on to win the Cup. The exception was when Serbia beat France in 2010.
Federer and Wawrinka won gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics but had lost the last four Davis Cup matches they played together.
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) -- Julieta Granada has a one-shot lead going into Sunday's final round of the LPGA Tour Championship. Just as close is a four-player race for $1 million.
Granada had four birdies in her round of 2-under 70. Morgan Pressel and Carlota Ciganda of Spain each made big putts on the 18th hole to stay one shot behind.
The Race to CME Globe is razor thin among Stacy Lewis, Lydia Ko, So Yeon Ryu and Michelle Wie. All are among the top five in the standings.
- Playoffs Week 1 Game of the Week: Park Vista 29 Wellington 53
- Playoffs Week 1: Chaminade 21 American Heritage 58
- Playoffs Week 1: Dade Christian 0 Glades Day 28
- Playoffs Week 1: Gulliver Prep 13 Glades Central 32
- Playoffs Week 1: Ft. Lauderdale 13 Royal Palm 44
- Playoffs Week 1: Atlantic 21 Blanche Ely 13
- Playoffs Week 1: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Palm Beach Central 20
- Week 11 Game of the Week: Glades Central 23 Pahokee 14
- Week 11: Palm Beach Central 30 Palm Beach Gardens 28
- Week 11: St. Edward's 6 Jupiter Christian 48
- Week 11: Seminole Ridge 26 Royal Palm Beach 42
- Week 11: Jupiter 12 South Fork 33
- Week 11: North Broward Prep 14 Oxbridge Academy 57
- Week 11: Okeechobee 7 Clewiston 44
- Week 11: John I. Leonard 28 Wellington 49
- Week 10 Game of the Week: Wellington 23 Palm Beach Gardens 17
- Week 10: Jupiter Christian 24 Boca Raton Christian 7
- Week 10: Dwyer 22 West Boca Raton 24
- Week 10: American Heritage 48 Cardinal Newman 3
- Week 10: Port St. Lucie 13 South Fork 28
- Week 10: Vero Beach 35 Centennial 0
- Week 10: Royal Palm Beach 42 Palm Beach Lakes 7
- Week 10: Lake Worth 14 Atlantic 33
- PREVIEW: Game Of The Week-- Wellington at Palm Beach Gardens
- Week 9 Game of the Week: Glades Day 7 Clewiston 41
- Week 9: American Heritage (Plantation) 35 American Heritage (Delray) 45
- Week 9: Spanish River 20 Palm Beach Central 40
- Week 9: Palm Beach Lakes 18 Forest Hill 19
- Week 9: West Boca Raton 7 Lake Worth 28
- Week 9: Northwestern 7 Glades Central 17
- Week 9: Boca Raton 14 Park Vista 27
- Week 9: Dwyer 26 Atlantic 37
- (PREVIEW) Game of the Week: Glades Day at Clewiston
- Palm Beach Gardens' Coney picks Notre Dame
- Week 8 Game of the Week: North Broward Prep 6 Oxbridge Academy 44
- Week 8: Palm Beach Gardens 24 Jupiter 7
- Week 8: John I. Leonard 7 Palm Beach Central 17
- Week 8: Forest Hill 6 Royal Palm Beach 35
- Week 8: Lake Worth 7 Dwyer 28
- Week 8: Benjamin 13 King's Academy 49
- Week 8: Santaluces 14 Boca Raton 27
- Week 8: Atlantic 13 West Boca Raton 0
- Week 8: Suncoast 0 Boynton Beach 42
- Week 8: Glades Day 50 Boca Raton Christian 13
- PREVIEW: North Broward Prep vs Oxbridge Academy
- Week 7: Palm Beach Gardens 20 Glades Central 40
- Week 7 Game of the Week: Atlantic 7 Royal Palm Beach 44
- Week 7: Somerset Academy 6 Glades Day 28
- Week 7: West Boca Raton 80 Olympic Heights 3
- Week 7: Dillard 12 Boynton Beach 22
- Week 7: Dwyer 33 Forest Hill 0
- Week 7: Pahokee 44 Boca Raton 27
- Game Of The Week: Atlantic at Royal Palm Beach
- Thursday Night Football: Lake Worth 27 Palm Beach Lakes 16
- Game of the Week: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6: Somerset Academy 0 Glades Central 50
- Village Academy at Boca Raton Christian (preview)
- Week 6: Seminole 24 Palm Beach Gardens 24
- Week 6: Wellington 41 Jupiter 0
- Week 6: Pahokee 14 American Heritage 51
- Week 6: Dwyer 47 Royal Palm Beach 24
- Week 6 High School Football Blitz Preview
- Week 5 Game of the Week: Glades Day 35 John Carroll 0
- Week 5: Key West 12 Oxbridge Academy 43
- Week 5: George Jenkins 7 Vero Beach 48
- Week 5: Don Bosco Prep 41 Ft. Pierce Central 14
- Week 5: University School 21 Jupiter Christian 14
- Week 5: Palm Beach Central 28 Seminole Ridge 14
- Week 5: Royal Palm Beach 49 Lake Worth 6
- Week 5: Glades Central 41 Suncoast 6
- Week 5: Boca Raton 0 Palm Beach Gardens 31
- Week 5: Stranahan 27 Boynton Beach 54
- Week 5: Olympic Heights 0 Dwyer 53
- Friday Night Blitz Game Of The Week 5: GLADES DAY at JOHN CARROLL (Preview)
- Week 5 Blitz Top 10
- Week 4: Boynton Beach 28 Westminster Christian 10
- Week 4 Game of the Week: West Boca 7 Royal Palm 17
- Week 4: Okeechobee 28 Ft. Pierce Westwood 21
- Week 4: Dwyer 36 Palm Beach Lakes 22
- Week 4: Heritage 34 Jensen Beach 0
- Week 4: Bayside 21 South Fork 6
- Week 4: Martin County 29 Port St. Lucie 13
- Week 4: Jupiter 7 Cardinal Newman 12
- Week 4: Boca Raton 7 Palm Beach Central 14
- Week 4: Atlantic 35 Forest Hill 0
- Game Of The Week 4: West Boca at Royal Palm Beach (PREVIEW)
- District play promises to be wild in 13-7A
- Week 3: Pope John Paul II 7 Benjamin 21
- Week 3 Game of the Week: American Heritage 20 Glades Central 18
- Week 3: John I. Leonard 7 Pahokee 33
- Week 3: South Fork 36 Wellington 45
- Week 3: Moore Haven 0 Glades Day 44
- Week 3: Dwyer 34 Palm Beach Gardens 10
- Week 3: Oxbridge Academy 48 Keys Gate 17
- Week 3: West Boca Raton 37 Palm Beach Central 13
- Week 3: Clewiston 38 Cardinal Newman 20
- Game Of The Week 3: Glades Central at American Heritage
- Week 3: Village Academy 20 Boynton Beach 54
- High School Football Week 3 Preview
- Week 2: Centennial 15 South Fork 24
- Week 2: Olympic Heights 0 Spanish River 23
- Week 2: Royal Palm Beach 20 Pahokee 16
- Week 2: Village Academy 0 Glades Day 27
- Week 2: #theskinny - Boynton's Swain wants to go out on top
- Week 2 Game of the Week: Glades Central 20 Palm Beach Central 0
- Week 2: Suncoast 6 Cardinal Newman 16
- Week 2: Dwyer 41 Jupiter 7
- Week 2: Palm Beach Gardens 10 Park Vista 7
- Week 2: Clewiston 43 Immokalee 28
- Week 2: West Boca Raton 38 Wellington 14
- Week 2: Lake Worth 29 Boynton Beach 64
- Week 2: Boca Raton 7 Atlantic 34
- Week 2: Vero Beach 42 Martin County 0
- Week 1: Palm Beach Central 6 Royal Palm Beach 21
- Week 1 Game of the Week: Glades Central 12 Dwyer 7
- Week 1: South Fork 27 Martin County 6
- Week 1: Sebastian River 6 Vero Beach 35
- Week 1: Jupiter 0 Palm Beach Lakes 25
- Week 1: Miramar 14 American Heritage 7
- Week 1: John I. Leonard 0 Palm Beach Gardens 21
- Week 1: Seminole Ridge 21 Boca Raton 25
- Game of the Week Preview: Glades Central vs. Dwyer
- Santaluces 7 Atlantic 26
- Palm Beach Gardens 21 South Fork 14
- Jupiter Christian 14 Suncoast 34
- Lake Worth 20 Glades Central 26
- Coral Springs 27 Boca Raton 30
- Royal Palm Beach 35 Fort Pierce Central 28
- Suncoast Chargers juiced up for a playoff run
- Park Vista starting over after mass exodus
- Parr returns to lead Dwyer in title defense
- Palm Beach Gardens Coney down to Miami, Florida and Notre Dame
- Santaluces looks for continued success under new Chief
- Seminole Ridge Football are young and hungry
- John I. Leonard ready to win again
- Angry American Heritage ready to bounce back
- Excitement rising around Jupiter athletics with turf field near completion
- Grandview Prep hoops teams dominate playoffs
- Dwyer wins State Championship
- Gardens's Green wins BB
- Wellington, Oxbridge host early signing day ceremonies
- Palm Beach Central prepares for playoff rematch with Seminole Ridge
- Thursday night Blitz Scoreboard
- Game of the Week: Gators beat Raiders with defense on senior night
- Game of the Week Preview: Raiders vs. Gators
- Dwyer remains king with win over royal
- McDermott headed to all-American game
- Game of the Week Preview: Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central
- Thursday Night Prep Football Scoreboard
- Royal Palm tops Pahokee in Game of the Week
- Week 2 High School Football Scores
- Game of the Week preview: Pahokee vs. Royal Palm Beach
- Jensen Beach High School football coach resigns
- Game of the Week: Dwyer vs. Glades Central
- Kickoff Classic Rundown
- BOCA RATON: Team Preview
- AMERICAN HERITAGE: Team Preview
- FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Team Preview
- GLADES CENTRAL: Team Preview
- PAHOKEE: Team Preview
- GLADES DAY: Team Preview
- OXBRIDGE ACADEMY: Team Preview
- ROYAL PALM BEACH: Team Preview
- LAKE WORTH: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH GARDENS: Team Preview
- SOUTH FORK: Team Preview
- PALM BEACH CENTRAL: Team Preview
- JUPITER CHRISTIAN: Team Preview
- DWYER: Team Preview
- SEMINOLE RIDGE: Team Preview
- PARK VISTA: Team Preview
- FHSAA looking at PED policies
- CARDINAL NEWMAN: Team Preview
- West Boca Raton dominates Jupiter in Spring Game
- Local high school baseball stars to to impress scouts at Roger Dean Stadium
- Fort Pierce football stacked this spring
- Jupiter historic season ends in state semifinals
- County's best softball players duel in All-Star game
- Jupiter baseball headed to first state tourney
- TKA, West Boca fall, Jupiter advances to States
- American Heritage three-peats as softball champs
- American Heritage wins, TKA falls in softball state semis
- Jupiter, King's Academy baseball move to Regional Final
- Spring football begins for Dwyer and Park Vista
- PB Central knocks off PB Gardens in softball regionals
- Atlantic softball moves on in Regionals
- Cardinal Newman among district semifinal winners
- Hope's homer gives Dwyer win over Wellington
- Jupiter baseball trying to avoid the hype
- HS baseball: Jupiter vs. Palm Beach Gardens
- Boys HS Hoops: Palm Beach Lakes High 52, Royal Palm Beach 43
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 64, Palm Beach Gardens 25
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 67, Boca Raton 41
- National Signing Day round-up
- Athletes sign letters of intent during National Signing Day
- Girls HS Hoops: Dwyer 63, PB Gardens 30
- Burke Bowl Bound
- Shanovia Dove Signs to Play at LIU
- Thursday Night High School Playoffs
- H.S. Blitz: American Heritage vs. Glades Central
- Season 4 of CBS12's Friday Night Blitz begins Friday at 11-pm on CBS 12
- High school football season kicks off Thursday night CBS12 is ready
- American Heritage has a new coach
- Highschool Football Preview: Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- High School Football Preview: Crusaders ready for combat
- High School Football Preview: Bulldogs hit the field
- New state guidlines help student athletes beat the deadly heat
- Dwyer Panthers hungry to return to state title game
- Olypmic Heights takes on Wellington
- Boca Raton Bobcat's spring drills
- Spring Football: Cobras vs. Panthers
- 3A baseball final: Stallions vs. Stallions
- High School football: Bears vs. Hurricanes
- American Heritage faces St. Pete's Catholic.
- Boynton Beach Tigers are focused on starting strong
- Pahokee football team plans to restore lost glory
- Glades Central players determined, loaded with talent
- Eagles vs. Bucs in Palm Beach Gardens
- Spring Preview: Lake Worth Trojans
- Gators look to be 1st Gardens team to win state title
- New Jupiter football coach puts his stamp on the program
- Park Vista Cobras hard at work
- Park Vista athlete survives stroke and keeps running
- Palm Beach Gardens Gators head to state semifinals
- Jupiter Christian Eagles look to continue success
- Suncoast CHargers back on the field with new coach
- Park Vista Cobras vs. Palm Beach Gardens Gators
- Dwyer Panthers hard at work
- Seminole Ridge Hawks are focused
- Flag Football: Cobra vs. Hawks
- Kings Academy Cheerleaders get state championship rings
- High expectations at Cardinal Newman
- New stories coming soon!
China unexpectedly cuts rates to support economy
BEIJING (AP) -- China's central bank unexpectedly slashed interest rates on Friday to re-energize the world's No. 2 economy, joining a growing list of major economies that are trying to encourage growth in the face of a global slowdown.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
BILL COSBY - FLORIDA WOMAN MAKES ACCUSATION
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida woman has become the fourth in recent weeks to make a rape allegation against Bill Cosby.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- With much of the nation digging out from snowstorms -- you might figure Anchorage, Alaska, must be buried.
IN THE NEWS: ASSESSING CYBER THREAT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's something people suspect could happen.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Amazing Race
9 PM -- Hawaii Five-0
10 PM -- Blue Bloods