Boynton Beach PD gives red light cams thumbs up
Boynton Beach, Fla. (CBS12) —
Monday Boynton Beach Police commended the controversial red light cameras recently placed at seven intersections throughout the city.
They released video from the red light cameras capturing a car dangerously flying through an intersection. It shows a white car speed through a red light toward incoming traffic. The car swerves and barely misses slamming into other vehicles.
Police say this is exactly why they re-installed the cameras on September 1; they want to keep other drivers safe by holding everyone accountable.
The driver will receive a $158 fine.
Here is a list of red light cameras in Boynton Beach:
• Northwest 8th Street and West Boynton Beach Boulevard (southbound)
• Boynton Beach Boulevard and North Seacrest Boulevard (eastbound)
• South Federal Highway and Southeast 23rd Avenue (northbound & southbound)
• East Gateway Boulevard and North Congress Avenue (northbound, southbound, eastbound & westbound)
• West Boynton Beach Boulevard/Northwest Second Avenue and North Congress Avenue (northbound & eastbound)
• West Woolbright Road and South Congress Avenue (northbound, southbound, eastbound & westbound)
• West Woolbright Road and Southwest 8th Street/Corporate Drive (eastbound)