80th celebration for "Brilliant Bus" founder and local pioneer
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fl. (CBS12)-- It was a celebration fit for a queen for a local pioneer whose high-tech mobile computer lab has been recognized all over the world by people like Oprah Winfrey and CNN Heroes.
Estella Pyfrom, is a true visionary. A Palm Beach County educator for over 50 years, she now travels the world, receiving a wealth of well-deserved accolades. Yet she is one of the most humble and inspirational women you will ever meet. Raised in Belle Glade and at 80 years young, she has no intention of slowing down and making a difference in the lives of others.
"My 80th fabulously 80th birthday was the only birthday celebration that I've ever had, so of course it was awesome. My favorite part was singing my favorite song "To God be the Glory."
Named the "Queen of Technology" the Brilliant Bus has touched the lives of so many.
"The Brilliant Bus means a lot to me. To be able to serve the people that means so much to me. The more you give the more you're inspired to give more."
By the end of 2016 we will have served over 1 million children. We realize the digital divide is real but we also realize that we can help close the gap by empowering children and families with life long learning and access to technology.
Estella just launched her new book and global "Give Back" movement with Debra Cohn. She has realized yet another dream of becoming a published author. In The Legacy of a Humble Black Women, Estella recounts an amazing and blessed life that took her from the migrant fields, to a distinguished teaching career to the founding of the award winning Estella’s Brilliant Bus Movement. In her first published work she recounts many stories and life lessons that have catapulted her to some of the biggest stages you could imagine. From appearing in a prime time Superbowl XLIX commercial, to being selected as a CNN Hero, to receiving recognition from Oprah Winfrey during her 2015 Life You Want Now Tour, Estella is a woman on a mission to help as many people as she can for as long as she can. And she’s not done yet! The book goes on sale December 19th.
"When someone picks up my book I want them to know first, failure is not an option. Secondly it's not where you came from it's where you're going. You've got to have a vision and that if you believe in yourself, believe God and your ability to make things happen...you can't make it happen."
"I am truly grateful for the people that are in my life and all the support."
For more information and how YOU can get involved with the Brilliant Bus, purchase her new book or join their "Heroes to Heels" movement visit website HERE
Donate / Volunteer
If you know an extraordinary person, we'd love to hear about it. Nominate them now via email firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Extraordinary People. Connect with CBS12 News Anchor Michele Wright via email email@example.com, tweet her & message her your nomination on Facebook.
Estella’s Award Celebration
Estella Pyfrom has been very celebrated since the creation of Estella’s Brilliant Bus. Estella’s accolades include: I am told that Estella’s Brilliant Bus is the only project of its kind in the world and is the reason they are sooooo celebrated.
- NBC News Network… Prime Time with Brian Williams and other associated networks
- All Local TV and Radio Stations
- Jet Magazine
- 5000 Points of Light–Ranked – 4998 around the world- Hosted by President and First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House
- CNN Hero- 2013– Top 10 around the world –Ordinary People doing extraordinary things around the world
- Woman of Worth — Top 10 around the world–L’O Real of Paris
- Who’s Who Global–Directory – dedication, hard work and for making a difference
- ESSENCE Magazine – 2014
- MV Magazine
- Success Magazine
- Her Life Magazine
- O-Oprah Magazine -January -2015
- O-Oprah Magazine- This I know for Sure —Special Column
- Oprah-The Life You Want Tour- Toyota Standing Ovation- Florida VIP
- Wells Fargo Community Award
- Florida A & M Alumni Association -PBC-
- Community Service- From Local to National
- Legacy Award — by Dexter Bridgeman–Legacy Palm Beach Magazine
- Living Legends Award- Human Symphony – National
- Community Service Award – Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Community Service Award – Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Community Service Award – Alpha Phi Alpha
- Community Service – Citizenship Awards – Zeta Phi Beta
- Community Partners Award – Delta Lambda Chapter – Alpha Phi Alpha Chapter
- Woman of Excellence – Delta Sigma Theta
- Spirit Award–Delta Sigma Theta
- NBA – Pro player Philanthropy Award
- African American Achiever Award
- National Education Award
- Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Award – Palm Beach State College-2014
- Microsoft Youth Spark Award – Grant
- Microsoft – National-Global – Super Bowl Commercial and Award
- Office Depot Adopt-A-Teacher
- Comcast-Comcast Community Service Award Grant
- Dr. Oz Show
- Woman of Excellence – Humanitarian Award
- John Maxwell Leadership Award
- Diamond Award for Community Service – National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Citizenship Award – Omega Psi Phi Fraternity
- FEA -Martin Luther king Jr Award- Outstanding Leadership Award
- Professional-Influential Business Professional
- Most Powerful 25 Women- In Palm Beach County – Dexter Bridgeman
- OCR REAP Grant
- Dream Forward Award for courage, persistence and sacrifice while making dreams become a reality. Jason Hall
- Dream forward Award for making a difference in the lives of many by Dr. Norma C. Pearson
- Excellence and Generous Commitment to Student Award- Belle Glade, Elementary School.
- The Shero Award by: Anne Harvey Missionary Society –Outstanding Service
- The Steve Binko Award for Educational Innovation and Justice …The Scribe’s Institute
- Cultured Pearls Award- Presenter by Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Rainbow Push Philanthropic Foundation of the Year Award ‘Jessie Jackson
- Legends. Trailblazers and Rising Stars Award for Community Service by Payne Chapel
- Key to the City… Columbus Georgia. Honorable Teresa Pike Tomlinson, Mayor- Columbus Georgia
- Proclamation. Columbus Georgia. Honorable Teresa Pike Tomlinson,
- ESTELLA PYFROM declaration –July 16, 2016
- RESOLUTIONS: Representative Carolyn Hugley, District 136, Georgia House of Representatives…Outstanding Public Service
- National Association for Professional Women
- Continental Who’s Who Recipient of the Year -2016