WPEC Grammy Trip Rules
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Florida residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WPEC viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WPEC (the Station), WLDI-FM, Clear Channel Radio (collectively, the Radio Station), CBS Network, RED PEAK-RPMC, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.
(b) Weekdays (Monday through Friday) from Monday, January 14, 2013 to Thursday, January 31, 2013, viewers will be asked to watch the Good Morning South Florida program which airs between 6:00am and 7:00am on WPEC, channel 12, and look for the Grammy Song of the Day. Then, viewers will be asked to listen on radio station WLDI from 10am " 2pm and 4pm " 8pm for the Grammy Song of the Day announced from that morning to play, at which time the viewer will call in on a designated telephone line. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for qualifying will be announced (e.g. first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer).
(c) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station and Radio Station are not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) Two (2) qualifiers will be selected each weekday in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of twenty-eight (28) qualifiers. The contest will be judged by Radio Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. On February 1, 2013, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected at random from among valid qualifiers during the WLDI Morning Show. Each qualifiers will receive a prize.
(e) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestants telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Twenty eight (28) qualifiers will be selected. Each qualifier will receive a Grammy CD Prize pack consisting of audio CDs from GRAMMY artists, valued at $40.00. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles. The trip package includes two (2) round trip coach air transportation to Los Angeles from West Palm Beach, two (2) nights hotel accommodations at The LA Live JW Marriott (one room, double occupancy), complimentary breakfast, two (2) Bronze level category tickets to the GRAMMY Awards, two (2) tickets to the official GRAMMY After Party with live performances, cocktails, refreshments and food service, two (2) admission to the GRAMMY Museum, and $300 in spending money for airport transfers and leisure. The trip package does not include any additional meals, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees or any other expenses. The trip must be taken February, 9 2013 to February, 11 2013. The grand prize trip package is valued at $4,235.
2. Qualifiers and winner will be notified by phone. Qualifiers and winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winners release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Qualifiers and winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. REMOVE AND COPY LANGUAGE FROM OTHER SIMILAR WTVX CONTEST: If winner cannot be notified within ten (10) days or] does not timely sign return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner [randomly selected from among remaining valid entries].
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winners failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received. Odds of winning are 1 in 28 qualifiers.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WPEC-TV, PO Box 198512, West Palm Beach, FL 33419 and on the Stations website at www.cbs12.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WPEC-TV, PO Box 198512, West Palm Beach, FL 33419 by May 15, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, WLDI-FM, Clear Channel Radio, CBS Network, and RED PEAK-RPMC accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Tonight on CBS12
8 PM -- Madam Secretary
9 PM -- The Good Wife
10 PM -- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation